Cyrus discrete murder issue : CREATE creates mail folder on frontend

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue May 30 16:47:36 EDT 2017

Quoting Tim Piessens <tim.piessens at icloud.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have created a murder cluster containing 1 update server, 1
> frontend and 2 backends.
> Mail reading woks ok, also moving folders between backends.
> However when a client creates a new folder, it gets created on the
> frontend and not on a backend.

Is this an Admin user? If a normal user creates a new folder it should
be created on the same
backend+partition as the inbox of the user.

> I am using cyrus-imapd version 2.5.10 from debian testing
>
> # My frontend Configuration
> configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
> proc_path: /run/cyrus/proc
> mboxname_lockpath: /run/cyrus/lock
> mupdate_config: standard
> default server:imapbe2.***

Options in imapd.conf don't contain space. Not sure if it matters in this case

> server list:imapbe1.*** imapbe2.***

see above

> partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
> altnamespace: yes
> unixhierarchysep: no
> lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
> admins: cyrus root murder
> proxyservers: cyrus murder

quoting man imapd.conf
proxyservers: <none>

A list of users and groups that are allowed to proxy for other users,
separated by spaces. Any user listed in this will be allowed to login
for any other user: use with caution. In a standard murder this option
should ONLY be set on backends. DO NOT SET on frontends or things
won’t work properly.