lmtpd segfaults after update to 2.4.19, seems it wants to act as proxy

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue May 23 21:31:26 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017, at 03:55 PM, Simon Matter wrote:
> Hi Ellie,
>
> Thanks for looking into it.
>
> Unfortunately with your new version of the patch I only get this:
>
> lmtpunix[23046]: FATAL: Internal error: assertion failed: append.c: 368:
> stage != NULL && stage->parts[0] != '\0'
>
> Regards,
> Simon

That's annoying :(  Reproducible, I assume?

If you add a call to "abort();" from early in "void fatal(const char* s,
int code)" in imap/lmtpd.c and rebuild/reinstall, then when that
assertion fires it should dump a core file.  Can you get a backtrace
from that please?

Note that this will bypass the usual clean-shutdown that usually occurs
on fatal errors, and might lead to database corruptions and such.  So
probably don't do this on an important server.

Cheers,

ellie