Problems with cyrus 2.5.10 after system update

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Wed May 17 15:08:35 EDT 2017

On 05/17/2017 10:54 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> Follow up question:
>
> The package maintainer for the Arch cyrus-imapd package has fallen
> behind and my users need to be able to access their mail, so as a
> temporary work around I'm just going to build/compile cyrus 3.0.1 from
> source.
>
> I asked about some of this before, but will my 2.5.10 configuration
> files work as is, or have the key values changed again?  Also, the new
> default is skiplist2, and I'm on skiplist. Is this going to be like a
> previous upgrade where the Berkeley DB files were automatically
> converted to skiplists?

Please consult the Upgrade documentation at:
     http://cyrusimap.org/imap/download/upgrade.html

There are specific mentions therein as to changes in the configuration
files.

Also, please see the man page for the cyr_info(8) tool, which offers a
lint option:
http://cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/cyr_info.html

    *cyr_info*  /conf-lint/

        Lint the configuration for unrecognized settings.

    duplicate_mailbox_mode: uniqueid
    archivepartition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/spool-archive
    rudolf_sync_host: 10.202.79.15
    prancer_sync_host: 10.206.51.80
    user_folder_limit: 5000

An example of changes you'll find are the various autocreate settings.
Many of these were only in vendor patches in earlier versions, but are
now standardized.  See the man page for imapd.conf(5):
http://cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/configs/imapd.conf.html

For example:

    |autocreateinboxfolders:| <none>

        Deprecated in favor of /autocreate_inbox_folders/.

    |autocreatequota:| 0

        Deprecated in favor of /autocreate_quota/.

    |autocreatequotamsg:| -1

        Deprecated in favor of /autocreate_quota_messages/.

    |autosievefolders:| <none>

        Deprecated in favor of /autocreate_sieve_folders/.

A search for "Deprecated" in that man page should prove instructive.

Cheers,
     -nic