cyrus-imap migration 2.4 -> 3.0.

guanaes guanaes at ccuec.unicamp.br
Fri May 5 09:02:03 EDT 2017

Hello!

    We are trying to test cyrus-muder 3.0.1 with 1 frontend, 2 backends,
and 1 mupdate. But we have had problems

with autocreate  on frontend, because the frontend doesn't talk to any
backend and create the new mailbox

on his own mailboxes.db/default partition setups.  If we setup
proxyservers parameter off in the  imapd.conf file, there is an segmentation

error when lmtpd is executed on frontend and no  mailbox is created.

    We have found the following information on cyrus documentation link,
that says about an "Task #41" not  completed yet.

We want to know if it is related to the frontend problem that we have
described here.

    The link is :

https://cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/features/automatic-creation-of-mailboxes.html?highlight=autocreate

"Cyrus IMAP documentation is a work in progress, and the completion of
this part of the documentation is pending the resolution of Task #41
<https://git.cyrus.foundation/T41>."

    We need to know about that, because we have to migrate our
cyrus-imap 2.4 installation to 3.0.1 as soon as possible.

   Thanks in advance.

Denise