mbox operations performance issue

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jan 20 09:19:26 EST 2017

Hi,

Quoting Miguel Mucio Santos Moreira via Info-cyrus
<info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>:

> Dears,
>

> I've had a problem for some days with mailboxes operations like sam, dam etc.
> Those operations are too slow, I have some mailboxes with many
> subfolders when I applied a sam command to allow other user access
> it, the command spends too much time (e.g 20hours).
> There's nothing weird in logs or etc.
> We have murder environment with cyrus-.4.16-4 on Debian 7.

mailbox operations need to be acknowledged by/committed on the MUPDATE server.

Is the mupdate server still running?

Do you see connections from the backends to the mupdate on port 3905?

Can you create new mailboxes?

Did you try restarting cyrus on mupdate server

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen