What happened to normalizeuid?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 20 05:24:12 EST 2017

--On 20. Januar 2017 um 08:04:25 +1100 Bron Gondwana via Info-cyrus
<info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2017, at 03:31, Sebastian Hagedorn via Info-cyrus wrote:
>> --On 19. Januar 2017 um 17:18:06 +0100 Simon Matter
>> <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:
>>
>> > We and others had this as a patch in our RPMs but I think it has never
>> > been part of vanilla cyrus-imapd.
>>
>> Oops. Should I open an issue for a feature request? I'm surprised that's
>> not something many sites want ...
>
> OK, I've never heard of this thing. What is it?
>
> .. lmgtfy ..
>
> Right, so it's something to normalise the userid when you log in.
>
> It will definitely have to be rewritten for Cyrus 3+, because all that
> stuff got moved into mbname_t and friends.

Perhaps my assumption that the option is necessary is wrong? But I know for
certain that our webmail users use varied case-spellings of their user
names, because in earlier versions of our webmail system they would get
different user profiles depending on how they had entered their user names
;-)

Bron, how does Fastmail deal with that? Do you simply force users to use
the canonic spelling? I guess we could do that, but I'd rather not.

Cheers
Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.