What happened to normalizeuid?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jan 19 11:07:03 EST 2017

Hi,

I considered opening a Github issue, but the question seems too trivial for
that.

I'm playing around with cyrus-imapd-3.0.0-rc1. When I ran "cyr_info
conf-lint" on the conf files from our 2.4.x production server, I got a few
items I knew how to deal with, but also this:

normalizeuid: 1
tls_require_cert: off

tls_require_cert was off by default anyway, and all the tls options were
reworked a lot, so I figured that one could just be dropped.

But in 2.4 normalizeuid 1 was off by default. I couldn't find the string
normalizeuid anywhere in the source or the release notes. I'd say that's
bad. If you get rid of an option, that should be documented. What is the
new default?

Cheers
Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.