Could not connect to socket /var/imap/socket/lmtp: Connection refused by localhost

Merlin Hartley merlin at mrc-mbu.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 12:03:17 EST 2017

Sounds like you could consider partitioning (if you aren’t already) - then you can scale-out the disk iops without needing fancy hardware/software:
https://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.7/overview.php#partitions <https://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.7/overview.php#partitions>

Hope this is useful!

Merlin Hartley
IT Systems Engineer