Is guid_mode: sha1 really gone from imapd.conf?

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Jan 16 11:48:02 EST 2017

So the subject is the question...

Running cyr_info conf-lint against our imapd.conf indicates "guid_mode"
is gone and indeed, the imapd.conf man page doesn't mention it now.

But many older versions of the man page do mention it and I can not find
any mention in past release notes at

http://www.cyrusimap.org/dev/imap/download/release-notes/index.html

of it being deprecated or removed.

So is it really gone or could it have been accidentally left out of the
man page and conf-lint check code? I agree that is very unlikely, but
with all the massive amount of excellent work that has been done by the
Cyrus team in the last few years, sometimes a small thing like this can
fall through a crack.

Hopefully it will be OK just to remove the "guid_mode" sha1" line and
restart and nothing will explode?

Thanks and my apologies if the above is a really dumb question.

--
Andy Dorman
Ironic Design, Inc.