Cyrus IMAP on NFS

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Thu Feb 9 04:23:05 EST 2017

On 09/02/17 09:53, Paolo Cravero via Info-cyrus wrote:
>  From our storage admins: "One advantage of having most of the
> obsolete-but-keep-it-i-might-need-it-one-day data not on a local filesystem
> is that in the rare event of system crash you will not have to wait for fsck
> to complete, as it must be done for local disks. If you have TB's it makes
> quite a difference."
>

> Paolo
> (sitting on few NFS spools)

Go ZFS ?
We ditched fsck over a decade ago.

There used to be an Atos admin on this list who had a pretty impressive
Cyrus user base on NFS / NetApp and who was rather pleased with that.

Of course you would not put your mailboxes.db and other I/O critical
structures on NFS but why not the Cyrus metadata ?

Regards,
Eric (mail and storage admin, roughly 10 TB Cyrus spool on ZFS / iSCSI)