cyrus + roundcube + managesieve for vacation notification

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Sat Dec 16 07:50:12 EST 2017

On 12/16/2017 04:55 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> Just a quick follow up:  Vladislav was correct; there is no need to have
> both sieve and managesieve lines in /etc/cyrus/cyrus.conf.  I removed
> the managesieve line and the vacation sieve filter is working fine.
> Sieve does appear in /etc/services (I guess check for your OS?), but
> it's not clear to me at the moment how this is relevant.

/etc/services is like a hosts file for ports. If you try to use
something like servername:sieve instead of servername:4190 then sieve
has to be defined as port 4190 in /etc/services .

Simple example using telnet to ssh port:

[boutilpj at ls6000 ~]$ telnet localhost ssh
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3