No cleaning-up processes?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Aug 30 14:26:22 EDT 2017

Op 30-08-17 om 18:50 schreef Johan Hattne:

>> On Aug 30, 2017, at 06:56, Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am testing Cyrus Imapd 2.5.10 from Debian stable. What I see is that
>> the imapd processes become more and more overtime untill they reach the
>> maxchild value, and then there is a problem.  I see this with "ps aux |
>> grep imapd".
>>
>> The server is only used by a few devices.
>>
>> Maybe I miss something in cleaning-up processes??
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  I did
>
>   # while true; do pgrep imapd | wc -l ; sleep 60; done
>   7
>   7
>   4
>   4
>   4
>   4
>   4
>   6
>   6
>   6
>
> and so on.  I’d be happy to share my configuration files off-list, if you think that might be of any help.

Hmm, not sure. Sometimes it goes down with me too:
-------
server:~# while true; do pgrep imapd | wc -l ; sleep 60; done
125
126
126
125
125
125
126
-------

There are only 5 devices connected, so this are too many processes. And
it become more and more, this afternoon it where 73.

Maybe somebody here knows more.

Do you also use Cyrus Imapd 2.5.10 from Debian stable? I have many
machines with an older version of Cyrus Imapd who are running without
problems.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/