Fedora26. Cyrus- 3.0.3. cyr_virusscan None Configured.

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Aug 26 00:31:40 EDT 2017

AS> I think it is missconfig because ClamAV isn't part of cyrus-imap
AS> packet.

The Fedora package is not configured to use clmav.  This is because
clamav in Fedora still uses the old openssl libraries while cyrus uses
the new libraries.  Using them together results in problematic behavior,
though the nature of this depends on the architecture and probably
other factors, some of which might be random.  In Fedora, I saw various
test suite failures.

You can of course rebuild the Fedora package from source if you wish.
Just edit the spec to add back in BuildRequires: clamav-devel and the
rest is automatic.  The reasons for the removal are also documented in
the spec file, as well in the cyrus documentation itself.

Note that the Fedora package is also not configured to use mysql for the
same reason, though I think I will be able to enable it in Fedora 27.

 - J<