update to 3.0.3 even more problematic than 3.0.2

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Aug 25 09:36:58 EDT 2017

I tried upgrading to 3.0.3, same build, same everything.
My original 2.4.12 db files are skiplist.
I know almost all db files now default to twoskip, if not specified in imapd.conf, and it's not specified.
This time, on first startup cyrus exited with strange errors about failing conversion.
Looks like it did not like the db files.
So I got the original ones back to be sure that 3.0.2 did not make anything on them.
Starting, cyrus runs, logs conversion.
BUT...if you stop and restart, it fails, trying to convert them again! As if it thinks they're still skipfiles, complaining of bad headers....
I'm confused...
So I tried to put back the original and converted them by myself using cvt_cyrusdb to twoskip.
Now, starting cyrus, I got it exit again failing to read db files, saying they were not skiplist files (!?!) : isn't twoskip the default?
So I decided to give it a try, specifying them as twoskip in imapd.conf.
After staring, no complains about the files format, but it still exits with this:
Aug 25 15:15:38 www master[6400]: [ID 611808 local6.error] process type:START name:recover path:/sonicle/bin/ctl_cyrusdb age:0.000s pid:6408 exited, status 75
Aug 25 15:15:38 www master[6400]: [ID 702911 local6.crit] can't run startup
Aug 25 15:15:38 www master[6400]: [ID 649700 local6.notice] exiting
Exit status 75 is EX_TEMPFAIL, pity it's defined as many EC_ codes, so I can't say the real error (EC_CANTCREAT? EC_IOERR? EC_CONFIG? ...).
Any help?
Or I will have to consider upgrading "only" to the latest 2.5, hoping to not encounter any other issues there.
Also, what would I really miss on 2.5 that is on 3.x?
Thanks!!!
Gabriele
Sonicle S.r.l.
: