2.4.12 vs 3.0.2 different protocol behaviour

Arnaldo Viegas de Lima arnaldo at viegasdelima.com
Fri Aug 25 07:27:37 EDT 2017

I just upgraded from 2.4.17 to 3.0..3.

My only troubles were with default options that changed, like the hierarchy separator, the namespace and delayed expunge. They all forced me to update scripts all around. And the namespace change had a nasty side effect: users must delete and add their accounts again (when using some mail clients) to restore order to the caos.

I could have kept the 2.4.x behavior, but I see the merit in the new defaults, so fixing scripts and having users refresh their account setup was worth it (not many users here).

Hope you have more luck with 3.0.3.