2.4.12 vs 3.0.2 different protocol behaviour

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Aug 23 11:24:41 EDT 2017

How do I know? I just moved to 3.0.2 and reconstructed.
Sonicle S.r.l.
:
http://www.sonicle.com
Music:
http://www.gabrielebulfon.com
Quantum Mechanics :
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gabrielebulfon
From:
Merlin Hartley
To:
Gabriele Bulfon
Cc:
info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Date:
August 23, 2017 5:16:22 PM CEST
Re: 2.4.12 vs 3.0.2 different protocol behaviour
Just a quickie: Are you sure these mailboxes migrated properly?
Merlin Hartley
Computer Officer
MRC Mitochondrial Biology Unit
Cambridge, CB2 0XY
United Kingdom
On 23 Aug 2017, at 15:55, Gabriele Bulfon
gbulfon at sonicle.com
wrote:
I would add that both systems returns the same list of folders with :
. LIST "" %
including the "Other Users" :
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" INBOX
* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Archive
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "Other Users"
but then the java code just tries a "folder.list()" on each of them, to see for subfolders.
Here the javamail code, before issuing the list command, tries the "checkExistance" using :
. LIST "" "Other Users"
and 3.0.2 returns an empty result.
Also trying by hand :
. LIST "Other Users" *
returns all the subtree on 2.4.12, while it's empty on 3.0.2.
Any idea?
Gabriele
Sonicle S.r.l.
: