I need to check if stored messages are well formed.

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Aug 14 14:19:10 EDT 2017

Hi,

Quoting Alvin Starr <alvin at netvel.net>:

> Through a system crash and recovery I found a number of messages
> that were badly stored.
>
> I am now concerned that I may have other bad messages.
>
> Is there any tool/program that will check the message files
> themselves for things like correct headers and bodies?

it depends on your cyrus Version. I think since version 2.4 cyrus uses
the checksums
of the message as GUID and stores it the header files.
"reconstruct -G -n" should do the trick. But take a look at the
manpage for additional Options.

Regards

    Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen