IMAP.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 19 12:12:03 EDT 2017

I'm running cyrus 2.4.17 on a couple of Arch linux servers, and Arch is
an aggressively updated rolling release distro.

I don't have to add new users very often, but ran cyradm today and got
the following error message:

[root at www sbin]# cyradm --user administrator localhost
IMAP.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake
key 0xdb00080, needed 0xdb80080)

I'm hoping to not have to upgrade cyrus at this precise moment.  Is
there any way to get around this for adding a new cyrus user?  I've only
ever used cyradm for this task.

If I do have to upgrade, the cyrus version in the Arch AUR is still at
2.5.10 -- presumably this upgrade won't break anything?  Do I need to
upgrade to 2.5.x before upgrading to 3.0?

Thanks.