Can't find icu-uc to build IMAP 3.0.0

Rosenbaum, Larry M. rosenbaumlm at ornl.gov
Wed Apr 12 14:13:55 EDT 2017

> From: Jason L Tibbitts III [mailto:tibbs at math.uh.edu]

> RLM> I am trying to build Cyrus-IMAP 3.0.0 on RHEL6.
>
> That's pretty old these days....  EL6 has a version of libicu that
> doesn't include any of the icu-* pkgconfig files.  It does contain
> libicuuc, though.  You just need to tell the configure script to use
> "-licuuc -licudata" to link with the libraries.  The message you receive
> should tell you what you need to know.
>
> I just verified that RHEL7 does have the necessary pkgconfig files, so
> there shouldn't be any problems there.
>
> I'll attach the pkgconfig file for icu-uc from a current version.

Thanks, I copied the file to /usr/lib64/pkgconfig and was able to complete the configure command.

Now I can't get "make" to work:

   [lmr at email-dev cyrus-imapd-3.0.0]$ make
   make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Like it says, there's no "Makefile", but I don't see any error from configure.