Can't find icu-uc to build IMAP 3.0.0

Robert Stepanek rsto at paranoia.at
Wed Apr 12 12:44:18 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017, at 18:29, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:

> I am trying to build Cyrus-IMAP 3.0.0 on RHEL6. I am getting the
> following build error:
>

> checking for ICU... configure: error: Package requirements (icu-uc)
> were not met:
>

> No package 'icu-uc' found

> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you

> installed software in a non-standard prefix.

> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ICU_CFLAGS

> and ICU_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

> See the pkg-config man page for more details.

> I have already installed libicu-devel. What other package do I need to
> install to get past this check?

Your pkg-config executable seems to be unable to find the icu-uc
library.

 You can check if  pkg-config finds icu-uc with

    $ pkg-config --cflags --libs icu-uc

which should print something like

    -I/usr/local/cyruslibs/include -L/usr/local/cyruslibs/lib -
    licuuc -licudata

If it doesn't, does pkg-config find any of the other ICU packages,
e.g. icu-io?

If  yes, you might have an incomplete ICU installation.

If no,  you might want to check where the RPM did install libicu-devel
to and update your PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable accordingly.

Cheers,

Robert