watching and processing a Spam folder for each user

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 29 12:00:38 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 12:25 -0300, Patrick Boutilier via Info-cyrus
wrote:

> Only problem with that is users always seem to report some stuff as
> spam
> when it clearly isn't. :-)

That's fine.  They are only poisoning their own well if they do since
each user has their own Bayes database.

But if you really did want to babysit your users, and perhaps enroll
them in some remedial e-mail/spam handling training, you could also
have whatever this "tool" that I am looking for copy anything marked as
spam (under a certain threshold even) to an admin for investigation.

You see, this "tool" that I am looking for (and can write myself if I
need to -- I'm just looking to not re-invent wheels if I don't have to)
is not so much the "what to do" with spam part as much as it's the
monitoring of everyone's [Not][Spam] mailboxes and forward whatever is
in them to the "what to do" part.

Cheers,
b.