Upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5

Shawn Bakhtiar shashaness at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 24 19:42:31 EDT 2016

Today I moved our mail accounts from a Cyrus 2.4 running on some older hardware with dwindling space to a new server with much more space (and faster processors) running Cyrus 2.5.

I've muddled through most of the migration. Simply shutting down the services, using rsync to duplicate the stores (var/spool/imap) to the new server, copying the content of /var/imap (minus server cert and tls_sessions.db), and everything is working. However I see log outputs like the following:

Sep 24 16:37:18 correo imaps[1627]: twoskip: invalid magic header: /var/imap/user/t/techcentermn.seen
Sep 24 16:37:18 correo imaps[1627]: skiplist: recovered /var/imap/user/t/techcentermn.seen (10 records, 904 bytes) in 0 seconds
Sep 24 16:37:18 correo imaps[1627]: cyrusdb: converted /var/imap/user/t/techcentermn.seen from skiplist to twoskip

I have not run reconstruct.

Do I need to worry about this or is this eventually going to work itself out. As I understand it the server will handle the conversion for the header/db files on its own. Is this correct?

Shawn