Invalid mailbox name

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Thu Sep 22 08:11:48 EDT 2016

On Thu, September 22, 2016 9:46 am, Michael Menge via Info-cyrus wrote:

> Quoting Paul van der Vlis via Info-cyrus <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>:
>

>> I am wondering about the dot. So far I know I cannot use it in a mailbox
>> name, but it is in the list.
>>

> I suspect that your cyrus is configured to use the . as hierarchy seperator.
> see "unixhierarchysep:" in imapd.conf manpage for details.

Of course one can use a '.' as part of a Cyrus mailbox name, internally it
gets translated into a '^' (arrow/caret).

I modified our GOODCHARS definition heavily when we migrated to Cyrus 2.2,
ten years ago, and never had an issue with square brackets and such.

Regards,
Eric Luyten, Computing Centre VUB/ULB.