Outlook slowness issues

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Fri Oct 21 05:25:53 EDT 2016

Good morning,

Some of our resellers are telling us to be finding issues with with
Outlook and our mail service. They say when Outlook is syncing over IMAP
(either SSL/TLS or plain) sometimes

it takes ages for syncing. This just happens with Microsoft Outlook. I
know in Outlook 2010 or 2007 you could remove the option of syncing
whole mail and sync only headers. But

from 2013 version it enforces you to sync totally, body plus headers
forcibly. We use Nginx as mail proxies and Cyrus IMAP as backend. We use
versions 2.3.18 and 2.4. If I do a :

Escape character is '^]'.
* OK IMAP4 ready
. login ZZZZZZ UUUUUUUUU
. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID LOGINDISABLED
COMPRESS=DEFLATE ACL RIGHTS=kxte QUOTA MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE
UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY SORT
SORT=MODSEQ THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE
CATENATE CONDSTORE SCAN URLAUTH] User logged in
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed

I can see COMPRESS=DEFLATE extension is available. Do you know if
Outlook uses it?. If it uses compression?. How do you handle this kind
of situations with Outlook?.

Thanks a lot mates,

Best regards,

--

sarenet
*Egoitz Aurrekoetxea*

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.