Migrating mailbox data from Cyrus to MicroSoft Office 365 using their import tool.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Nov 27 17:40:40 EST 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-22 at 17:28 +0200, Eric Luyten via Info-cyrus wrote:
> After trying for a couple of days I have come to the conclusion
> that the Office 365 IMAP import tool uses the LOGIN authentication
> mech while Cyrus requires PLAIN or stronger for proxying to work.
> Even when only announcing AUTH=PLAIN in our server capabilities,
> Microsoft executes LOGIN ... ...

Has anyone gotten this to work using an administrative account [cyrus,
for example] and the "optional UserRoot attribute"?  It seems ideally
suited - but it does not appear to work?

EmailAddress,UserName,Password,UserRoot
fred at office365domain,cyrus,P at assw0rd,user.fred

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/CSV-files-for-IMAP-migration-b
atches-187ce085-9a83-4612-80a2-f562b3049fc2

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383