SSL Certificate

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Fri Nov 25 09:46:12 EST 2016

Hi All,

Been using Cyrus IMAP for over a decade and very happy.

I wonder if someone can shine some light on a SSL puzzle. I'm trying to
use a free startssl certificate with Cyrus 2.3.16 on a Centos 6 system

I have configured other startssl certificates the same way on other
Cyrus/Centos 6  instances I have, but on this one I get this error

  unable to get certificate from
'/etc/pki/tls/cyrus-imapd/2_imap2.kensnet.net.pem'

I've checked the permissions settings, selinux happens to be turned off
on this machine,  its a VPS.

After poking around without success and my checks with openssl on the
certificate etc etc, as a test I set up the cert, key and root cert on
Apache on a test Centos 6 machine. Apache starts and connects with SSL
without issue, except the server name is wrong of course. But testing
the port 443 SSL connection gives the expected certificate details and
the certification chain back to startssl's root certificate.  So what is
Cyrus needing / doing that Apache is not bothered about?

Any ideas / pointers gratefully received.

Ken

believed to be clean.