Restore backup of a mailbox

Shawn Bakhtiar shashaness at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:02:47 EST 2016

> On Nov 10, 2016, at 5:02 AM, Vladislav Kurz via Info-cyrus <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> On 11/10/16 12:17, Paul van der Vlis via Info-cyrus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> A user has removed an important mailbox with all the sent-messages.

Not necessarily do all clients (by default) store sent messages on the server. Some have to be configured to do so. I've run into this problem with Mail.app (OS X) and IOS, were we've had to explicitly change the the folder used for sent message to one that points to a server folder.

I would check the client side device to see how it was set up.

Other than that, I have done plenty of recoveries including Sent and Sent Messages folders using the technique you describe with no issues, again as long as the client was setup to move sent messages into a server side folder.