Xapian search databases

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 7 15:26:29 EST 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, at 23:23, Adam Tauno Williams via Info-cyrus wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-11-03 at 10:47 +1100, Bron Gondwana via Info-cyrus wrote:
> > Just out of interest - is anyone other than Fastmail currently using
> > the Cyrus Xapian-based search system?
>
> Not using Xapian.

Cool.  It turns out I didn't have to make it all backwards incompatible just yet, because instead I just detect if it's using the old Chert backend and force a reindex of all email to upgrade to Glass.

(but can still read from a mix of both, so you can phase the upgrade)

This is going to the rest of FastMail production today after running happily for the past 4 days for ~5% of our users.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm