Xapian search databases

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 2 19:47:57 EDT 2016

Just out of interest - is anyone other than Fastmail currently using the Cyrus Xapian-based search system?

We're making a bunch of changes:
* transition to Glass backend in Xapian 1.4
* move cyrus.indexed information into Xapian metadata
* index by GUID rather than folder/uid pair

These changes aren't entirely backwards compatible, so we'll have to do a conversion process at FastMail - but keeping code in upstream Cyrus to do the conversion will make everything more complex and brittle forever, so I'd like to throw it away ASAP.

Obviously if there are other sites which are running Xapian already, then you'll have to go through the same pain, so I'd try to make it all more generic!

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm