Valid annotations and calendar/addressbook "Dispaly Name"

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Tue Nov 1 11:43:09 EDT 2016

Friends,
Further questions for our effort to abandon our aging DaviCal server.

How does one set the Display Name for a collection in Cyrus?  Is this
handled via annotations?  We can see from the sources (annotate.h, line
57) that there's a new /vendor/cmu/cyrus-httpd branch defined, but we
haven't been able to find a list of which annotations are available
(besides this one,
http://cyrusimap.org/imap/faqs/o-annotations.html?highlight=annotation,
which is just the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd branch).

We understand that this may all just work just peachy via protocol, but
we have a need to create an empty framework of suitable calendars &
address books before syncing data from our old server.  We just can't
see how to do that and ensure that the Display Name will work properly.

Any help greatly appreciated, even if it's just "Go read this source file."

Armed with this info, I would even be happy to go and update that
previously mentioned Wiki page. :-)

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
6525 W Bluemound Road, Suite 24           v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53213-4073