sieve runtime error Fileinto: Permission denied

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon May 23 23:32:07 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016, at 10:44, OBATA Akio via Info-cyrus wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2016 07:25:42 +0900, Bron Gondwana via Info-cyrus <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> >> That didn't work unfortunately.
> >
> > Deliver into INBOX works, fileinto doesn't.  It's ACLs for sure.  You need the 'p'
> > ACL set for the user that lmtpd runs as (or anyone).
> >
> > Unless there's a bug in your particular version of Cyrus, that should work.  If you
> > could give us that and a copy of your lam output again with the anyone ACLs set,
> > maybe that will help.
>
> In which version of Cyrus release, 'p' permission is required even with "sieve fileinto"?
> I know that only direct lmtp deliver with subaddress require it.

Within lmtpd, subaddress delivery and fileinto are identical.  I've just checked back to the 2.3 branch and the logic is the same there too - if there's an error delivering to the named mailbox, we fall back to the INBOX with an authstate based on the username, which is why you don't need 'p' on the INBOX.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm