Huge performance problems after updating from 2.4 to 2.5.8

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:27:01 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 12:04:26AM +1000, Bron Gondwana via Info-cyrus wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 23:52, Bron Gondwana via Info-cyrus wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 23:46, Andy Dorman via Info-cyrus wrote:
> > > So if the issue apparently lies with twoskip, can we keep our dbs using
> > > skiplist and do the 2.4 -> 2.5 upgrade?  Is it possible -h could revert
> > > back to skiplist?
> >
> > You can convert a db back just by changing the setting in imapd.conf and restarting - it will convert itself.
> >
> > mboxlist_db: skiplist
> >
> > > If it could help we could test upgrading to 2.5.8 on our dev server
> > > while leaving our database(s) as skiplist.
> >
> > Twoskip should be fixed in 2.5.9.  I've worked out what went wrong, and am working on patches now :)
>
> Patches have passed all the tests - they're on master and 2.5.  I'm pushing to FastMail's testing stores and then going to bed :)
>
> --
>   Bron Gondwana
>   brong at fastmail.fm
> ----

Hi Bron and Ellie,

Thank you for the new release. I am currently testing my upgrade process and while
I can access my mailboxes after the upgrade to 2.5.x but before the 'reconstruct -V max',
I cannot move messages between mailboxes. When I try I get the following error:

imap_copy_messages [a0012 NO Mailbox format corruption detected]?

and the move fails. Once I have updated the folder formats with the reconstruct,
it works, but this causes a lot of issues with the upgrade. Have you seen this
before and is there anything that can be done to make it work before the
reconstruct?

Regards,
Ken