Sendmail + Virtual Domains + aliases

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Feb 25 05:04:59 EST 2016

On 02/25/16 10:42, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> I was a bit brief yesterday. I have to say that I configured our
> sendmail more than 10 years ago and have only made minor changes since
> than. I don't remember the settings as well as I did back then ...

No problem :)

>> There's a comment in virtusertable.sample which says: "Remember to add
>> the source hostname to /etc/mail/local-host-names".
>> Maybe that's really needed for virtusertable to work?
>
> I suppose that's one way. We have this line in our .mc file:
>
> VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/smtp-in/virtualdomains')dnl
>
> So in our case we would add oneofmydomains.com to that file.

I put VIRTUSER_DOMAIN(`oneofmydomains.com') in my MC file, but that
didn't help either.

>> If I add that, then cyrusv2 from mailertable will not be used for
>> oneofmydomains.com.
>
> Why use mailertable? We use this:

I've followed the instructions on this page:
 > https://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.5.4/install-virtdomains.php

AFAICT this is needed for virtual domains or sendmail will strip the
domain part from destination addresses and cyrusv2 can't tell where to
deliver.

> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')
>
> That way all local mail is delivered to Cyrus. Or isn't that what you want?

I'm using this on servers where I don't have virtual domains.

  bye & Thanks
	av.