Release plan blog post

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 22 01:15:10 EST 2016

I posted on the FastMail advent about our plans for releasing Cyrus 3.0 - it's a bit roundabout doing it this way rather than here first, but hey - we talked about it on Monday night's regular meeting.

Here's the blog post:

https://blog.fastmail.com/2016/12/22/cyrus-development-and-release-plans/

tl;dr, Ellie recently released 3.0beta6.  We're going to do a release candidate on Jan 13th and then release for real soon afterwards, so get testing!

There are no major changes expected before release.  I'll be doing a couple of small JMAP changes to align with the latest spec and possibly to add getMessageListUpdates if I can manage it in time.

Other than that, I'm looking a reverse UniqueId indexing similar to the RACL support - it's already in testing and might get added behind a default-off config switch.

We'll be assessing all the defaults.  I'm really tempted to turn RACL on, but it needs group support if your site uses groups, and that's not done yet, so I'd need someone willing to test it!

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm