2.5.10 autocreate on login not working?

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:18:05 EST 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 07:04 AM, Nels Lindquist via Info-cyrus wrote:
> On 2016/12/12 4:06 AM, ellie timoney wrote:
>
> >> Any ideas?
> >
> > No, unfortunately.
> >
> > We have some basic syslog instructions (aimed at developers setting up a
> > Cyrus development environment), but it sounds like you've probably got
> > this stuff covered already.  This was enough to get my dev setup running
> > (Debian):
> > http://cyrusimap.org/dev/imap/developer/installguide.html#setting-up-syslog
> >
> > Hopefully someone who's familiar with syslog as an admin rather than as
> > a dev can chime in with some help here?
>
> That syslog setup for devs is pretty much identical to what I have set
> up, so I'm not sure why I'm not seeing anything related to autocreate in
> the logs.
>
> Are there any options for debug in imapd.conf, eg. a numeric parameter
> for different levels or sections of logging, or is it an all-or-nothing
> option?

I don't believe so.  All levels of logging are programmatically enabled
by default, and then the following lines turn the LOG_DEBUG level -off-
if debug=no in imapd.conf (which is also its default value if not set):
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/blob/cyrus-imapd-2.5/imap/global.c#L208-L210

Has this been altered in the source package you're building from?