how to deal with mail retention/archival.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Aug 26 13:19:18 EDT 2016

If Strict compliance and regulatory requirements were the issue I would
agree that a completely separate subsystem would be appropriate.

This is more for a company that is on the periphery of compliance issues.

There will be no compliance officers or strict validation against
regulatory requirements.

The overall I.T. budget for the company would never be able to cover the
cost of strict compliance.

On 08/26/2016 12:41 PM, Patrick Goetz via Info-cyrus wrote:
> On 08/26/2016 08:09 AM, Alvin Starr via Info-cyrus wrote:
>> What are others doing for mail archival?
>>

> If you need to retain all email for regulatory reasons, I would run
> the mail through something like a procmail filter, sending one copy to
> the user and another to an Archival spool, which could even be an
> entirely separate smtp server.
>

> ----
> To Unsubscribe:

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||