how to deal with mail retention/archival.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Aug 26 10:25:25 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-08-26 at 10:07 -0400, Alvin Starr via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Well the MTA still does not deal with archival because it will need
> to be passed through to Yet Another MDA to handle the archival and
> management process.

I'm not sure what you mean.  You can archive to a 'shared' folder or
into an MBOX to be processed by something which rotates content.

> For the pure archival of the input/output stream including duplicate
> deliveries and all spam always_bcc into YAMDA would work.

always_bcc and delayed expunge work for us.

> In my thinking Cyrus is responsible for the storage and management of
> email so archival would be a part of that process.

It has to be the MTAs responsibility as Cyrus very possibly does not
see *sent* mail; or messages which are somehow otherwise routed.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>