backup cyrus spool with bup

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Tue Apr 26 16:26:22 EDT 2016

Hi,

may be a helpful hint for all who are looking for a really fast method
to backup the cyrus spool: during the last weeks a I tested bup [1] as
an alternativ to my current backup setup based up on rsnaphot and
rdiff-backup. Combining bup with lvm snapshots it's a great way to
backup big mail storages with millions for files, qcow2 images or even
complete partition dumps. Deduplication is working perfectly on cyrus'
internal hardlinks or moved/renamed mail folders between backup cycles.
The community is very warmhearted and helpful. I've found my definitive
backup tools for my mailserver.

Cheers,
M.

[1] https://github.com/bup/bup