Migrating IMAP from Cyrus v2.2.13 to Cyrus v2.4.17

Jack Snodgrass jack at mylinuxguy.net
Wed Apr 6 14:34:35 EDT 2016

Tried to go to 2.5 and had more serious issues than going to 2.4.  From
the top of my head I don't recall what it was...
I've still got the 2.5 binaries laying around.  Do you have a successful
migration path from 2.2 to 2.5 that I can do? I've been told that the
'seen' flags is a big deal for my peeps. I can ( I think... if I have to
) write a script that checks the seen flags of all the mail on the old
system and sets it on the new system... but I am hoping to NOT have to
do that. I have 185Gig of mail files I have to process and if a
migration script would do this for me, that's the path I'd like to take.

we are aiming for 0  / minimal down time and users changes. I want to
get the mail setup on the new server and just change the ip address of
the new server to the old server's ip address. Hoping to have minimal
impact to the users.

jack

--
*jack* - Southlake Texas - http://mylinuxguy.net