Expire appointments in imap based calender folder

Geert Janssens geert at kobaltwit.be
Fri Sep 25 13:21:06 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm using cyrus-imap (cyrus-imapd-2.5) as part of the kolab groupware
suite.

My users have a lot of old appointments imported from a previous
groupware system. They would now like to remove all of them from before
a given date, or older than X days.

I just found cyradm which looks like
it can do this with its subcommand setinfo "expire".

Before doing so I wanted to check the existing metadata on the
directories, so I could restore if needed.

Unfortunately the info subcommand completely breaks in my version of
cyradm. Before I use that subcommand the other subcommands work fine. If
I use info once, lm doesn't work anymore (returns nothing).

So I'm a bit wary to use this tool.

Do others know why this goes wrong ?

If you need more information to determine this, please ask. I'm fairly
new to this piece of software.

Thank you,

Geert Janssens