cyradm: perl: symbol lookup error?

Robert Norris robn at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 16 17:48:17 EDT 2015

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015, at 02:33 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> pgoetz at www:~$ cyradm --user administrator localhost perl: symbol
> lookup error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Cyrus/IMAP/IMAP.so:
> undefined symbol: Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck
>

> I'm running Arch linux, which aggressively updates software packages.
> Apparently some Perl upgrade broke cyradm?

Perl modules aren't binary-compatible across major releases (the second
number, 22 in your case - Perl versioning is a little odd). If you
recompile Cyrus::IMAP against the new Perl it should all just come back
to life. I haven't done that in isolation before but perl/imap/README
looks correct from what I know of Cyrus and Perl. Give it a try.

Rob N.