cyradm: perl: symbol lookup error?

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Wed Sep 16 13:00:07 EDT 2015

On 09/16/2015 01:33 PM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> So, I've been happily avoiding upgrading cyrus imap because everything
> has been working and I'm generally in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix
> it" category.
>
>     Cyrus version: 2.4.17
>     Perl version:  5.22.0
>

> However, this morning I tried to create a new user using cyradm and got
> a perl error message:
>

> pgoetz at www:~$ cyradm --user administrator localhost
> perl: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Cyrus/IMAP/IMAP.so: undefined symbol:
> Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck
>

> I'm running Arch linux, which aggressively updates software packages.
> Apparently some Perl upgrade broke cyradm?
>
> 3 questions:
> ------------
>
> 1. Does this mean I need to bite the bullet and upgrade my cyrus installs?
>
> 2. Is upgrading to 2.5.6 painless?  Should I just wait for 3.0?
>
> 3. Is there a workaround for cyradm not working for adding users?  I've
> only ever used cyradm and have no idea how to add users otherwise.
>
> ----
> To Unsubscribe:

We use this simple perl script to add users. Fill in appropriate
username and password.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#
use File::Basename;
use IMAP::Admin;

if ( 0 == scalar( @ARGV ) ) {
   die( "\n  Usuage: $0 userid\n");
}

$mailbox = "user.$ARGV[0]";
$username = "";
$password = "";

# Set this to the hostname of your IMAP server
$IMAPSERVER = "localhost";
#

# Main Code
#
# Login to IMAP server
$imap = IMAP::Admin->new('Server' => $IMAPSERVER,
                          'Login' => $username,
                          'Password' => $password,) || die "no go $! !";

print "Login: " . $imap->error . "\n";

# Add user
$add = $imap->create("$mailbox");

if ($add != 0) {