CalDAV URLs

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 10 19:47:15 EDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015, at 21:51, Ken Murchison wrote:
> On 09/09/2015 06:50 PM, John wrote:
>> Quick questions:

      What is the format of a CalDAV URL for a virtual user (eg calendar
      Default at fred at example.com)?

    I don't know if CalDAV works with virtdomains yet.  I didn't
    explicitly add any code to handle it during initial development and
    I haven't done any testing.

Yeah, this works fine:

/dav/calendars/user/fred at example.com/Default (for example)

We added httpd_extradomain for users who aren't domain split yet, so our
frontend proxy logs the user in as fred%example.com rather than just
fred, and despite their mailbox being user.fred.#calendars.Default (no
domain), the URL is /dav/calendars/user/fred at example.com/Default.

This is all working in production.

      What is the format of a CalDAV URL for a shared calendar? How
      should a shared calendar be created (eg in cyradm)?

    Shared calendars aren't supported yet as I don't know how best to
    present them to clients to make them usable.

At least at FastMail, we've got them working by putting them in a shared
user and adding ACLs for everyone who needs to access them.

One thing - we don't (yet) have support for cross domain sharing (not
even with the hack above), so you can't share calendars between users in
different domains.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana