Disappearing Mailbox Content

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Sep 9 15:08:43 EDT 2015

--On September 9, 2015 at 13:49:40 -0500 "Robert T. Covell"
<rcovell at rolet.com> wrote:

> That is the problem.  I cannot reproduce (reliably or at all).  It might
> be months before we hear about it.  It has been happening for about two
> years.  Always chalked it up to user error.  But I can't say that it is
> or isn't.

Check the ACL on the mailbox and make sure no user has permission to delete
the mailbox-- no "x" right. Loss of all content including the cyrus* files
is mailbox deletion. (This is the voice of experience talking)

Too bad you didn't implement delayed delete. You can just rename the
deleted folder to its original name.

Joseph Brennan