Quota root not removed if folder is on a different partition

Paolo Cravero paolo.cravero at csi.it
Tue Oct 27 09:26:56 EDT 2015

Hello, I think I found an unexpected feature. Or a bug.

Here's the setup: Cyrus IMAP v2.4.17-Invoca-RPM-2.4.17-6 single instance on
RHEL5.

Amongst other partitions I have an "archive" partition where I attach all
users' "Archive" folders with a separate, very large, quotaroot. Something
like

cm user/me/Archive at example.com archivepartition
sqr user/me/Archive at example.com 123456789

Then the Archive folder is deleted. It goes under user's Trash on the
mailbox primary partition (user/me/Trash/Archive at example.com) and it gains
the default mailbox quota. Delayed delete/expunge is in action, FWIW. So far
so good.

If the Archive folder is created again through a generic IMAP client, it is
created on the mailbox primary partition, which is ok, but it inherits the
original quota root as if it were on the archive partition, which is NOT OK.

It looks like the quotaroot information is not removed when the folder is
deleted, or it is kept without the partition information. Is it related to
delayed delete, perhaps? Or a bug? Maybe fixed in a later release?

Paolo