Recent (probably MacOS) mail app provoking endless cyrus.index writes on 2.3 server. [WARNING: DKIM validation failed]

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Thu Oct 22 16:54:28 EDT 2015

On Thu, October 22, 2015 10:39 pm, ktm at rice.edu wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:32:40AM -0400, bacon wrote:
>
>> Apple released OS 10.11.1 update yesterday.  It shows that it includes,
>>

>> - Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from
>> Mail
>> - Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in
>> Mail
>>

>> Does anyone know if this fixed the problem.  I've asked my users not to
>> use Mail on El Capitan until this bug is fixed.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I'm working in my spare time to upgrade my cyrus-imapd on
>> RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 from the 2.3 series distributed by RedHat to
>> the 2.5 series which I'll have to build and maintain myself.  That's an ugly
>> job and one that I don't really want to do.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> Hi Fred,
>

> It does not appear to have addressed the problem. We are trying to gather
> more information.

In

   https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7267399

someone states older Cyrus servers are returning a syntactically not quite
correct response to the EXPUNGE command but I'm having a hard time buying
this for an explanation.

Oh, and someone in there asks for help to get the Apple bug report (22996765)
escalated.

I think at our site we have reached the count of 100 (one hundred) El Capitan
Mail.app users.

Eric.