Recent (probably MacOS) mail app provoking endless cyrus.index writes on 2.3 server.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 18 06:14:47 EDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015, at 00:22, Eric Luyten wrote:
> On Thu, October 15, 2015 1:34 am, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
> > Absolutely no idea.  I think we have an upgraded test mac here in the
> > office.  I'll set it up and see what it does.
>

> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7267399

Yep, I managed to get a repeat test case.  Of course on Cyrus 2.4+ the cost of an errant EXPUNGE command isn't very high, because it doesn't trigger a repack unless it actually makes a change which sets the MAILBOX_NEEDS_REPACK flag on the index header, so it's only going to affect people on ancient Cyrus.

I have no idea why they're doing an EXPUNGE every time though.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm