RFC6154 and upgrade to Cyrus 2.5

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Wed Oct 14 08:32:48 EDT 2015

Marco wrote on 09/10/15 08:58:
> Hello,
>
>   on Cyrus 2.4 I see extenstion for xlist folder flags. Folders and
> flags must be configured on imapd.conf. Great, it works! Flags are
> magically applied to all folders!
>
> If I upgrade to Cyrus 2.5 or upper, what does it happen? I see that
> Cyrus 2.5 also support "create special use", but I can't see no more
> xlist-* configs. It seems that starting from Cyrus>=2.5 only client
> can set flags during CREATE. But what does it happen to previously
> Cyrus2.4 folder-flag associations?

With a little help from Bron I came to the following solution...

2.5 does not have xlist- and the only way to "migrate" it is to set it as
annotation to every mailbox.

It is possible to set it by connecting to the backend/server as admin user
authorized as the individual user and push eg.
. SETANNOTATION INBOX.Trash "/specialuse" ("value.priv" "\Trash")
commands. Maybe I get this to work over my 2.4 frontends as well.

On 2.5 the new SETMETADATA is available as well...
. SETMETADATA INBOX.Sent ("/private/specialuse" "Sent")

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria