Recent (probably MacOS) mail app provoking endless cyrus.index writes on 2.3 server.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 13 16:43:47 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015, at 00:26, ktm at rice.edu wrote:
> The El Capitan Mac Mail was recently released. It definitely has a problem.
> We saw our typical sync log size go from 10k when busy to 100k+. We are going
> to recommend that people wait to upgrade to that release until the problem is
> addressed.

I'll look into whether this is a problem (or as much of a problem) on later releases!
Just to be clear - have you tracked the issue down to the EXPUNGE command using
IO?

(It's unlikely that 2.3 will be patched to make EXPUNGE more efficient unless someone
else wants to do it.  I've already spent a year fixing that code, and it's called 2.4)

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm