single instance message store problem.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Sat May 30 07:43:33 EDT 2015

On Friday 29 May 2015 3:30:29 PM Michael Neumann wrote:
> Am 29.05.2015 um 22:19 schrieb Ken Murchison:
> >
> > Also, are you sure that your MTA isn't breaking up the recipients into
> > separate LMTP transactions?  lmtpd can/will only do single instance
> > store for recipients that are part of the same transaction (MAIL FROM,
> > RCPT TO, DATA sequence).  If the recipients are sent one at a time with
> > duplicate DATA commands, there are treated as distinct messages.
>
> That is the problem, postfix default local transport does only one at a
> time, that breaks single instance storage. We had to redefine it to:
> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/lmtp/lmtp
> Please read about the consequences in postconf manual.
>
> Hope that helps

Michael

Thanks that works.

Now maps in /etc/aliases are not working.
I have aliases in ldap that are working.

Read http://www.postfix.org/LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README.html
Sounds like need local_recipient_maps.
It already existed and has hash:/etc/aliases.

These are may maps:
#maps
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
virtual_alias_maps =  hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf,
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf,
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf
#relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
transport_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldaptransport.cf
#virtual_mailbox_maps = $virtual_alias_maps
local_recipient_maps = $virtual_alias_maps, $alias_maps, hash:/etc/postfix/local-accounts

Just add hash:/etc/aliases to virtual_alias_maps ?

John